[0.12.30] [kovarex] Inserter graps wrong fuel

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.30] [kovarex] Inserter graps wrong fuel

Post by MrDoomah »

In the attached save, I have some inserters that grab solid fuel while there is coal in the furnace or vice versa. Since there are mixed belts, they can't grab any ore thus that furnace will stop working.
Attachments
Game 1.zip
(9.81 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 0.12.30 Inserter graps wrong fuel

Post by bobingabout »

hmm, I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just... silliness, but, I do understand the issue.

Even if I don't consider it technically a "Bug", it is something that I think should be addressed.

For example... Inserters feeding a gun turret with ammo will grab an ammo type of the same type that is already in the turret from a mixed belt, if the supply of that type dries up, it will wait for the ammo to fully deplete before changing to a different ammo type.

I don't see why the same logic can't be applied to fuel: Only grab the same type, grab any if it's empty. (I actually thought it did this already, but since I use a specific fuel belt, and everything keeps running, I've not really paid enough attention to it to be able to say for sure what it does.)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.30] [kovarex] Inserter graps wrong fuel

Post by kovarex »

I tried to reproduce it, but I wasn't succesful.

The inserter didn't take coal, when there was a solid fuel already and vice versa.

Return to “Pending”