[0.8.8] Bug or 'feature'?

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.8.8] Bug or 'feature'?

Post by TGS »

There is an issue I seem to be having on one of my saves and I've had it before on various saves but it isn't reproducable from what I can tell. It just seems to happen randomly. Groups of biters will just come out of what seems like nowhere and start attacking very specific targets inside my factory despite no pollution having reached any nests. I know in a few saves I've actually watched groups (sometimes rather large groups) spawn in the middle of nowhere. I don't know if this behaviour is intended or not, but if it isn't then it needs to be fixed. If it is, then it needs to also be fixed. I get that nests might spawn out of nowhere. But having groups of biters spawn out of nowhere is really annoying and really hard to combat short of lining your entire factory with walls and turrets.

Basically the random biter spawns needs to stop or at least be tied to biter nests. I'm all for random 'patrols' or offensive attacks from biter nests. But not randomly spawning out of nothingness in the middle of nowhere. Hell I have a factory with hardly no pollution and I've had to restart a save a bunch of times in a very short space of time because it keeps happening but not consistently. The first few times they were coming out of nowhere attacking one section of my factory. Destroying it. So I walled it up and put laser turrets up after reloading. It didn't happen. But like 10 minutes later they did the same thing on another section. Did the same thing and it stopped happening. It's like they're spawning out of nowhere and going specifically to bits I don't have protected with towers.

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.8.8] Bug or 'feature'?

Post by FrozenOne »

Well, you should probably provide the saves where it happens. As devs were fixing this several times already, they might have problems finding this particular case. I had this before but on newest versions i didnt encounter this the whole game.

And you've already reported this before and i told you the same thing, damnit :P

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

Are you sure biters just randomly spawned? You see when biters launch an attack the usually try to attack part of your base which is generating most polution but the attack won't always be launched from nearest biter spawners.
So it is posiblle that biter attack might have been from some other biter base and therefore they took different rount when trying to reach poluted part of your base. But when they were on route to that area they encountered your base and started wreaking havoc.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Biters will gather at some point near the factory. And then they start attacking. IMHO no bug. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Biters should gather somewhere before an attack, but they definitely shouldn't spawn anywhere than in very close proximity of the spawner. We'll have a look at it.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Return to “Pending”