[0.12.7] Furnace doesn't smelt

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Yttrium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.12.7] Furnace doesn't smelt

Post by Yttrium »

I messed up a furnace-design in my game and ended up having to manually remove Iron from the output and insert it in the input, After I was done all furnaces started smelting exept one.

http://i.imgur.com/Q8TcZ4n.jpg

After I grabbed the stack of iron in the input and reinserted it in the furnace it started smelting it again.
I have tried to reproduce and have been unable to.

It is probaly just an case of clicking too fast but heres the save if you guys want to take a look at it.
Attachments
0.12Queeste2conquer_Furnaceoutput.zip
(5.1 MiB) Downloaded 171 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.12.7] Furnace doesn't smelt

Post by Oxyd »

So what did you do prior to this happening? Any way I can reproduce it myself?

Yttrium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yttrium »

I dont know exactly what timeframe you want from me but ill do my best

I was setting up a ( flawed ) furnace design to produce steel, I dont know what I was doing before that.
I can't remember the detail of it but the furnaces that were supposed to smelt steel were smelting iron, I thought I could fix it by inserting Iron plates into the furnace and removing the stack of iron that had been smelted by that furnace ( plus one Iron inside the progress bar ) after that all furnaces smelted their steel and placed it on a belt. ( I think there were two stuck furnaces at first but I messed that one up )

I tried to replicate it by inserting 100 Iron in the output, one Iron ore for the progress bar then placing an additional stack of iron in the input and remove the stack of iron the furnace had "Smelted".
this is how I removed and inserted it into the furnace when one of the furnaces got stuck

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Well, I've tried various way of letting the furnace first smelt iron ore to plates and then switch it to steel plates, but I can't reproduce it. Just seeing the furnace not work doesn't tell me anything about why it doesn't work.

Maybe someone else will have an idea what's wrong here.

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

I've actually had this happen before, but I didn't think much of it. I suspected it had something to do with an internal buffer plate after the smelter reaches 100 not being cleared if the input changes without output, so it's stuck wanting to smelt something but can't because the buffer plate is different than the input. Perhaps this is impossible, I don't know how furnaces work. I think I wound up just removing and replacing the problem furnaces.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Well I will move this to pending as.
  • This error is not critical, and obviously very rare
  • There is no more info about this
  • We will just wait until it happens again to someone, so we have more clues

Return to “Pending”