[0.12.6] Water Spawning Issue

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Onred
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.6] Water Spawning Issue

Post by Onred »

Water does not seem to spawn (or spawn enough) after the starting zone. I made a world with water settings set to "big" and I cannot find water outside of the starting zone in every world I tried. This is true for every water setting "Big" and below. In "Very Big" the water seems to be consistent even outside of the starting area but maybe I have not explored far enough.

I haven't tested too extensively with the generation. I do have terrain segmentation set to low.

Here's a screenshot:
https://gyazo.com/6c19d2504f9d3eae958cc5f65c06337f

EDIT: Update: The problem seems to be with terrain segmentation set to lower settings. It causes the water to not spawn outside of the starting area.
Last edited by Onred on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.6] Water Spawning Issue

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you post the map exchange string? You've explored a small strip of land with water set to low so it's likely that you've just not discovered the normal generated water.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Onred
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Onred »

I did not save that specific world. You can try it yourself with any world, just set the water to big and try to find some outside of spawn. I haven't been able to.

EDIT: The problem seems to be with the "Terrain Segmentation" option. With it set to lower settings, I don't know if this was intended to make the water nearly unfindable.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Terrain segmentation is water frequency. Of course on low/very low it will be rare - that's intended.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

I just set water to big, terrain segmentation to low, and found a huge body of water outside the starting area. So this bug report sounds invalid to me, unless you can provide better reproduction instructions.

Return to “Pending”