GUI Overlap

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

GUI Overlap

Post by metzyn »

The info boxes on the right stretch so far down that I cannot see all of the content because of the tool/weapon/armor bar. This might be in part due to medium-sized resolution (1366 x 768), however it is widely used and especially on laptops.

Moving the tool/weapon/armor bar to the bottom left might not be the best decision, but its an idea. Another idea would be to have this bar disappear, fade out, or move to the bottom left if the info box covers up the tool bar so you can see all of the info content.

What are your thoughts of solving this issue for players with a 720p screen?
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: GUI Overlap

Post by FreeER »

+1 to this report (I have same resolution on my laptop), I would think the simplest solution would be to have the default content, quick bar and tool/weapon/armor bar, be in the background so that anything new (info boxes) are on top of them and can be read easily, fading out might also be helpful lol.
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

I like the idea with armor being in the background or even fading out when entity gui is too big. I will have a look if we can do anything about it for 0.7.1. For now I have lowered the vertical spacing between lines which already helped quite a lot.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

We have done three things so far:
1) The entity info is on top of the armor gui.
2) There is less space between the rows.
3) The image is smaller.

This should help in most of the cases. Still not guaranteed though (because things like logistic system can have a lot of items).

millerTB
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by millerTB »

I had this same problem (I found this thread by googling "Factorio can't see sidebar at bottom").

Here's how I fixed it: Options > Graphics > UI Scale > delect "system default 100% and select "custom" and set a smaller value. Mine was perfect at 85%.

Let me know if this fixes it for you.

hrompik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hrompik »

UP! =)
slpwnd wrote:We have done three things so far:
1) The entity info is on top of the armor gui.
2) There is less space between the rows.
3) The image is smaller.

This should help in most of the cases. Still not guaranteed though (because things like logistic system can have a lot of items).
Why not make all the elements of the GUI moveable, for example, the minimap could be moved to the left corner, or make the left column wider so that more columns of objects fit in the logistic information. This really annoys when you can not see what's on your network even at 80% of the size of the GUI and FullHD screen. It's the same as I understand only a couple of characters in the code to make it moveable, because the toolbars move the same. Why not make it very pleasant for everyone, and so simple?)
P.S. thx googletranslite ^^

Return to “Pending”