[1.1.104] odd graphic glitch with offsource pump

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.1.104] odd graphic glitch with offsource pump

Post by Honktown »

Two images:
other_frames.jpg
other_frames.jpg (50.4 KiB) Viewed 272 times
extra_shadow.jpg
extra_shadow.jpg (60.84 KiB) Viewed 272 times
I thought I was having an odd issue of the *second* image being a bug, but after placing more offshore pumps, it seems the first was the error, and the second is what I'm supposed to be seeing.
2024-02-27 20-49-18.mp4
(83.31 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

A save file:
weird_only_base.zip
(923.84 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
I was able to close and re-open the game without [the bug going away] while other stuff is open, so although it could be a bug on my end, it doesn't seem like it being a memory issue if it is save-load stable. *(and for the save zip I made a new game with the same map seed and settings, after restarting Factorio)

Other notes:
At a map size of 768x768 or greater in each dimension, it occurs. Not at 767x768 or 768x767. if I go into editor and start painting water tiles (I wanted to re-make that specific coast arrangement) and it will flicker and then stop... Drawing other sand or changing the variations doesn't change the flicker, when it's occurring (it pauses during editor, so my first thought was something relater to water animation).
Last edited by Honktown on Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.104] odd graphic glitch with offsource pump

Post by Honktown »

Here's also the first bit of my log with hardware (and legacy'd windows 7)

After checking the map size again, it's happening at lower sizes... 512x512 exactly. Sometimes it would double-blink (a single double-blink) when increasing the map dimensions while beneath the "threshold", but not consistently, and conversely, reducing the dimensions doesn't seem to always stop it. Not sure at this point.
Attachments
log_start.txt
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.104] odd graphic glitch with offsource pump

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however due to the lack of other users reporting issues around this my inclination is to blame your hardware and or software (drivers) as being possibly broken/failing.

Are you able to reproduce this on any other computer?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Pending”