[1.1.91] EquipmentGrid::clear > Error ElectricEnergySource.cpp:525: Can't transfer crash.

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Lothari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.91] EquipmentGrid::clear > Error ElectricEnergySource.cpp:525: Can't transfer crash.

Post by Lothari »

Explanation:
The game crashes when the train in Attachment "the crash" name of the train "the Monster Raving Loony Party" enters the space elevator from "space exploration" the train itself is packed with equipment, solar panels exoskeleton's and one battery... the Attachment "The location" offers the location on the map. stopping the train from entering the elevator and making it return at a later date also makes the game crash.

Background:
The strange thing is it seems to be a very rare conditional case because the trains are going up and down just fine.
Stopping and replacing the train that causes the crash seems to stop the crash.
(But that wont stop it from happening again.)
I recently updated the equipment grid of the trains to use solar panels and a battery instead of a portable generator to power the exoskeletons...

How to reproduce:
Load the save and wait for the train in the picture "the crash" to arrive at the space elevator...
It is reproduceable on multiple devices, I tested it my main pc and my laptop.

The save:
I stored the save on my OneDrive due to its size (300 MB):
The link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alpft-KMRqH_hv5ALyZ ... w?e=cLr0yQ
Attachments
Train name.PNG
Train name.PNG (51.27 KiB) Viewed 440 times
factorio-current.log
(98.45 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
The location.png
The location.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 440 times
the crash.png
the crash.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 440 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.91] EquipmentGrid::clear > Error ElectricEnergySource.cpp:525: Can't transfer crash.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however when I try to load your save file it crashes before loading finishes. It crashes in the same part that you're seeing except it's detected earlier which means the save is already broken. Do you have any way to take a known good save file and get it into this broken state?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.91] EquipmentGrid::clear > Error ElectricEnergySource.cpp:525: Can't transfer crash.

Post by Rseding91 »

From looking into what's broken the only two ways I know of for this to happen are memory corruption when playing/when saving or zip corruption on disk (unlikely; it would get detected in most cases).

But if you know of a way to make it happen in a non-corrupt save I can continue to look into it.

Lothari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lothari »

Maybe something went wrong during the upload..
Another save only this time the train is stopped at the base of the space elevator.
Just tell it to go up the elevator from the train schedule.

The save: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alpft-KMRqH_hv5Bgxi ... Q?e=ORpNZd
Attachments
the mad train.png
the mad train.png (3.61 MiB) Viewed 393 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Try holding ctrl when you click "load" in the load-map GUI. It will force the game to act like the map version has changed and you'll see it crashes on load. That will happen the next time you add, remove, or change any mod. It will also happen when you next update the game.

Return to “Pending”