[0.17.34][macOS] Reloading game creating 'ghost' windows

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
MrCamjames
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.34][macOS] Reloading game creating 'ghost' windows

Post by MrCamjames »

While I was using a testing world that had the creative mode mod active, I exited the world and disabled the mod through the mod selection GUI, I clicked the confirm button and this reloaded the game into a new window, but left a black, un-closable window behind. This window does not appear in the force quit menu, there is no system bar at the top, and Command+Q does not close it either.

To recreate, put the game into fullscreen mode, and then change the mod order in the GUI. After the reload a ghost window will be left.

Factorio Log:
factorio-current.log
(4.32 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
This was found on a 2016 Macbook Pro running MacOS 10.14.0 (Mojave)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.34][macOS] Reloading game creating 'ghost' windows

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
Does this still happen? I am not able to reproduce it. Does Command + Tab switch to the "ghost window" (or how do you know it's there when Factorio is in fullscreen)?

odeyaio
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.34][macOS] Reloading game creating 'ghost' windows

Post by odeyaio »

Can confirm bug is still there. When the game reloads mods it lefts over some ghost windows. I can reproduce it by
  • Loading into game
  • Going into fullscreen
  • Changing any mods/syncing mods for save file and pressing confirm
After that game relaunches and you can go into mission control and see these "ghost windows". You can even make multiple of them. If you close the game all ghost windows disappear.
Attachments
img.png
img.png (18.81 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Return to “Pending”