[0.9.8] boost::filesystem::remove_all: Acc

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[0.9.8] boost::filesystem::remove_all: Acc

Post by Koub »

Hi,

I will first write down the exact way I use the game as I don't know yet which step(s) lead to the bug.

Startup of my computer.
I Launch manually Factorio (last version, I use the .zip version extracted in F:\Factorio_Win32_0.9.8\Factorio_0.9.8.9400).
I am asked if I want updates, I click on "ask me later" (I haven't filled login/password in the auto update window)
I then click on "Play" > "Load game" > choose my last save, and click on "load".

That's the time when I have this error message :
boost::filesystem::remove_all: Acc

From this point on, whenever I launch the game, I have the same error message right after the Factorio splash screen.

I have been able to find from where comes the "bug" : In the \Factorio_Win32_0.9.8\Factorio_0.9.8.9400 folder, there is a temp folder that's created (I haven't been able to see exactly when yet). This temp folder can't be opened with my user account (access denied). If I delete it with admin rights, I can launch the game, and the problem won't show up until next time I launch the game after shutting down my computer.

My configuration :
RAM : 8 Gb
VRAM : 2048 Mb

Haven't been able to find any post on this exact bug, maybe did I miss something. Anyway, now that I know what to do when it happens, it's not a game braker :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.9.8] boost::filesystem::remove_all: Acc

Post by kovarex »

Hello,

this seems like problem with user rights. Do you have the same problem when you use the exe installer?

Return to “Pending”