Control over Map Generator Settings

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Control over Map Generator Settings

Post by KiwiHawk »

I'm working on updating Sea Block for 1.1 and am trying to clean up how the Map Generator Settings screen looks.

1. Hide Resources tab
I'm removing all the autoplace controls except for enemy bases. The Resources tab is completely empty. It would be nicer if it was hidden. Either it would auto hide if contains no controls, or if there was a way I could hide it.

2. Hide settings
Specifically I want to hide: water, moisture, terrain type, peaceful mode, enemy expansion, enemy evolution, pollution.

I'm not generating any spawners, only worms. When Sea Block is installed, the enemy expansion, evolution, and pollution settings do nothing so I'd like to hide them. I'm keeping the enemy bases setting to control whether or not worms are generated.

Land is generated as small sand islands only so the water, moisture, and terrain type settings do nothing. I would like to hide them as well.

3. Keep starting area size active, even when Enemy bases is disabled
Starting area size affects resource generation, not just enemy bases.

4. Ability to add new named parameters / rename parameters
Like how map type Island replaces water with setting Island Size setting that can't be disabled. It somehow also only has Scale enabled, not Coverage.

The settings changes from selecting map type of Island seem to be hard coded. Or at least, I can't figure out how to change this! There's no reference to the resource string for Island Size in lua, only in the executable.

Thanks! I do hope that this functionality does get added.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Ommand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Control over Map Generator Settings

Post by Ommand »

Would be great to see this added!

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Control over Map Generator Settings

Post by KiwiHawk »

Bumping this post, in the hope it gets picked up for 2.0! 🙂🤞
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Return to “Modding interface requests”