Quicktoolbar RGB/No Background/Item Icon Support

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Quicktoolbar RGB/No Background/Item Icon Support

Post by LuziferSenpai »

Hey,

it would be nice if we could get RGB, no Background AND Item Icon Support for the Quicktoolbar, because now we cant have a difference between Stuff like Upgrade Selection, Decon, Blueprint and custom Selection Tools.

2 of my Mods are currently not working, because I CANT add new Quicktoolbar Buttons, because one of the mods has over 8 different colored Blueprints!
And other mods are affected too.

Greetz,

Luzifer
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Quicktoolbar RGB/No Background/Item Icon Support

Post by raiguard »

The game supports as many shortcuts as mods add, you can just only display so many at once. I don't really see a problem there, just get rid of the ones you don't use very often and add the ones you use often to be always visible.

Personally I kinda like the limited options, it keeps the style consistent. Having a giant rainbow of buttons all with slightly different colors would be extremely ugly. I wouldn't say no to a few more predefined colors though. Maybe one for each complimentary color (yellow, purple, and cyan)? And perhaps a darker grey as well.

As for item icons, I also don't think that's a good idea. Icons on the shortcut bar are supposed to be flat, and have black (29,29,29) and white (227,227,227) variants. I would recommend sticking with that scheme.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

Raiguard wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:29 pm
The game supports as many shortcuts as mods add, you can just only display so many at once. I don't really see a problem there, just get rid of the ones you don't use very often and add the ones you use often to be always visible.

Personally I kinda like the limited options, it keeps the style consistent. Having a giant rainbow of buttons all with slightly different colors would be extremely ugly. I wouldn't say no to a few more predefined colors though. Maybe one for each complimentary color (yellow, purple, and cyan)? And perhaps a darker grey as well.

As for item icons, I also don't think that's a good idea. Icons on the shortcut bar are supposed to be flat, and have black (29,29,29) and white (227,227,227) variants. I would recommend sticking with that scheme.
Still will not work more some Modders, because they add so many new Blueprints/Blueprint Books.
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

You can always do how it worked in the past: just make it a recipe that costs nothing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

LuziferSenpai wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:54 am
Still will not work more some Modders, because they add so many new Blueprints/Blueprint Books.
Still don't see a problem here. You can still add your own shortcut, there's nothing stopping you from doing that!
Don't forget, you're here forever.

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:16 pm
You can always do how it worked in the past: just make it a recipe that costs nothing.
Why a recipe? It was so nice to have it all in one place not scared around in the recipe menu.
Raiguard wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:14 pm
LuziferSenpai wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:54 am
Still don't see a problem here. You can still add your own shortcut, there's nothing stopping you from doing that!
No, because then you dont see the difference between them
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I would also like some more styles for the shortcuts. With a lot of modded shortcuts it becomes increasingly difficult for the players to find the shortcuts they need. With the search option this has improved but I would like to cluster shortcuts from my mod into different groups (blueprint, equipment, gui etc) so that players can see at a glance the shortcut they are looking for. There are just not enough colors at the moment to do this properly.

Especially purple and cyan would be helpful. Maybe even white and yellow/orange (conflicts with toggled shortcut).
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Modding interface requests”