LuaTrain.go_to_station - separate from schedule

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

LuaTrain.go_to_station - separate from schedule

Post by Reika »

Basically the ability to, on a LuaTrain object, pass in a specific station (likely given by name, or maybe train stop entity), which will direct the train there, without touching the train's current schedule; it would merely go to the station and then eventually (timer?) return to its normal schedule.

So if train X is set with stations A, B, C, and D, and the train has recently arrived at B, I can tell it via script to go to station F without adding F to its list, and when leaving F, the train will go onto station C.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: LuaTrain.go_to_station - separate from schedule

Post by Bilka »

Would it be okay for you if it did touch the schedule until the train arrives at the destination? What you describe could be achieved by a temporary station. Not touching the schedule at all looks pretty much impossible to me.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: LuaTrain.go_to_station - separate from schedule

Post by Reika »

Bilka wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:53 pm
Would it be okay for you if it did touch the schedule until the train arrives at the destination? What you describe could be achieved by a temporary station. Not touching the schedule at all looks pretty much impossible to me.
Sure, a temporary change to the schedule is fine, so long as once it arrives at the temporary station, the schedule is as if nothing ever happened.

Return to “Modding interface requests”