Ability to enhance game gui

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Ability to enhance game gui

Post by ownlyme »

There are a few things i'd love as a modder:
- Force modded gui elements to get displayed above the game gui (!!!, super critical for my current mod and the actual reason i started this thread)
- Read the window position of the "controller" gui (thats the inventory with crafting menu, because it can be repositioned by the player..)
- (Read the gui scale setting)
- An item-slot gui element
- (Ability to access/change game interface elements)
- A graph gui element (for performance reasons)
- Read textcursor position in text boxes
(- copy paste rich text without the style tags)
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Ability to enhance game gui

Post by eduran »

ownlyme wrote: ↑
Wed May 15, 2019 3:32 pm
- Read the window position of the "controller" gui (thats the inventory with crafting menu, because it can be repositioned by the player..)
Pretty sure that is going to fall into the "non-deterministic, therefore not going to happen" category. Also, without the ability to position GUI elements, what would you do with that information?

LuaGuiElement documentation wrote: "choose-elem-button": A button that lets the player pick one of an: item, entity, tile, or signal similar to the filter-select window.
This? What exactly do you mean by item-slot?

As per viewtopic.php?f=28&t=61841, that is going to happen at some point. Hoping for sooner rather than later, but it is probably not very high on the list of priorities.

- Force modded gui elements to get displayed above the game gui
+1

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

I think you're supposed to make one post per suggestion so it's easier to deal with them seperately (as they're obviously not all going to be implemented at the same time, if at all).
- Force modded gui elements to get displayed above the game gui (!!!, super critical for my current mod and the actual reason i started this thread)
You should precisely describe what you need this for, otherwise it's very unlikely to happen (this applies to *all* modding interface requests).
No reason given again.
Already exists: LuaPlayer.display_scale
+1
Making a mod gui with working (machine, etc...) inventory screen is one of the reasons i requested Out-of-world LuaItemStacks for. So far...i'm still waiting :/.
No reason given. Also unlikely to happen because mods could completely break base interface.
Already requested as stated by @eduran.
Why?
You mean like...using string.gmatch or similar to remove the tags from the text you got off a textbox LuaGuiElement?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

im making a market addon, currently creating the interfaces.
the coolest way would be to toggle a switch in the crafting gui to overlay my gui where you can buy everything.
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Wed May 15, 2019 4:25 pm
You should precisely describe what you need this for, otherwise it's very unlikely to happen (this applies to *all* modding interface requests).
im making a market mod, currently creating the interfaces.
the best way would be to toggle a switch in the crafting gui to overlay my gui where you can buy everything.
No reason given again.
Wouldn't know where to put my buttons, the money amount label, the custom crafting menu
When you create a gui in the center, you are able to position it precisely using margin_bottom etc, So I don't even really need to alter the vanilla guis (at least in this mod)
No reason given. Also unlikely to happen because mods could completely break base interface.
Look at WoW and imagine where it would be today with vanilla interfaces... be assured i had not played beyond vanilla...
Why?
My Luacombinator does this rich text magic as the player types. When you replace the text, the cursor jumps to the end.
You can set the cursor position manually, but when blindly comparing the last text with the current text, you won't always be able to tell the player's cursor position
You mean like...using string.gmatch or similar to remove the tags from the text you got off a textbox LuaGuiElement?
Yes, same mod. For example when you copy the end of a rich text with the transition to non-rich, you only get the [/color] tag, without the opening tag.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

When you have the crafting gui open and a custom gui in the same place, and save+load the game, the custom gui will be above the crafting gui.. until you close and open the crafting gui again.
So it must be possible..^^

Return to β€œModding interface requests”