Productivity_Max per building and per recipe

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
BinaryMan
Inserter
Inserter

Productivity_Max per building and per recipe

Post by BinaryMan »

I am looking at this mainly from perspective of the DyTech mod, where you can get up to +250% productivity on almost every process.

I would suggest, that it is fine to have Productivity module +50% in any building that allows modules, and that it can also be fine to be allowed in beacons, with some additional settings. What I am suggesting is like where there are limits on the benefits of the other modules (-80% = limit), that there be support for Productivity_Max or similar both on a building basis (like for miners, which don't use recipes) and for individual recipes.

So: one can set the miner at max = 0% to disable this bonus, but still allow any modules to be placed in it. Similarly, the smelters can be capped at 100% (as a default for recipes not specified a value), for certain things (rubber?) it could be appropriate but iron plates and copper plate production can be capped at 50% if desired (on a recipe basis). The above would be Productivity_Max = 0.0, 1.0, and 0.5 respectively.

I think this would allow for balancing without invalidating the current modules. It also means that beacons can broadcast Productivity - it simply won't affect recipes where it shouldn't apply (limit = 0%).

Return to “Modding interface requests”