Fuel Assembler Boost

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Fuel Assembler Boost

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Solid fuel, rocket fuel, and now, nuclear fuel give bonus speed for vehicles. Presumably because of the higher quality you can get more power out of it at a time, in addition to more power being available.

I suggest that this should also be able to apply to burner power sources, like Fuel Generator Equipment, Boilers, Burner Inserters, Furnaces etc.
And, Modded in burner assemblers, etc. as well.
Last edited by Ranakastrasz on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Fuel Assembler Boost

Post by DaveMcW »

But the acceleration mechanic only applies to vehicles. Everything else jumps to max speed instantly, so more acceleration doesn't help.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Fuel Assembler Boost

Post by Ranakastrasz »

DaveMcW wrote:But the acceleration mechanic only applies to vehicles. Everything else jumps to max speed instantly, so more acceleration doesn't help.
I never said it was acceleration...
Sorry, let me restate this.

I would like a new trait added to fuel, Assembler Speed Boost, which boosts assembler crafting speed similar to a speed module when this type of fuel is used.
Feed a burner inserter nuclear fuel, it acts like a fast inserter.
Feed a boiler nuclear fuel, and it can feed like 4 or 5 steam engines instead of 2.
Feed a "Burner generator equipment" nuclear fuel, and it produces 2.5x as much power.

That kind of thing.

It doesn't have to be the same stat, and it isn't acceleration
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Modding interface requests”