backer name and item-with-entity-data

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

backer name and item-with-entity-data

Post by Exasperation »

Sort of related to item-with-entity-data should preserve unit_number, it would be nice if an item-with-entity-data could preserve the backer name of an entity which has one (possibly only with an appropriate flag set on the entity?) and display it in the tooltip (similar to an item-with-label's label). This would be especially useful if the linked proposal were implemented as it would allow you to distinguish between similar items in your inventory with different preserved unit numbers by their backer names, but would have value independent of that proposal as well.

Edit - I heard a rumor that this is likely going to be more or less handled in 1.15 (at least, handled for my use case) by an item-with-tags type and some event changes.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: backer name and item-with-entity-data

Post by bobingabout »

Retaining a backer name makes sense.

Though, on the notes of backer name, my friend who paid for that privilege of being a backer has noted that his name isn't in the list. He just can't be arsed to email in about it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: backer name and item-with-entity-data

Post by Koub »

bobingabout wrote:Retaining a backer name makes sense.

Though, on the notes of backer name, my friend who paid for that privilege of being a backer has noted that his name isn't in the list. He just can't be arsed to email in about it.
Hi bob,

Did he actually write on his factorio account the name he wanted to see in the backers list ? it is a manual operation, it doesn't take automatically your factorio account login name.
https://www.factorio.com/profile
Name in the game section
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Modding interface requests”