More than 4 "rotations" of tiles

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

More than 4 "rotations" of tiles

Post by justarandomgeek »

While updating the Color Coding mod, I was trying to collapse all the colors of concrete into a single item that could be "rotated" to select all 10 of the colors, rather than 10 separate items. Would it be possible to allow more than 4 rotation states so we can rotate things in ways other than in physical space?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: More than 4 "rotations" of tiles

Post by hoho »

I would think that the way blueprint book works would make more sense.

Sadly, I'm not sure if it's possible to implement custom things that behave similarly.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

Actually, yeah, I'd take a shift-scroll behavior too, but I'm guessing that would take more than a little scripting, and I was hoping to keep it as a prototypes-only mod, since that's *much* more future-proof.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

In theory, there are actually 8 rotations programmed into the game The player character is an example), it's just that only 4 of them are used for almost everything. (though, strictly speaking, certain objects like trains, and even biters have many more than just 8 rotations.)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

You could try setting the "building-direction-8-way" flag (as seen in data/base/prototypes/entity/entities.lua "straight-rail"). Might not work for tiles, though.

Return to “Modding interface requests”