prototype projectile extention

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

prototype projectile extention

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Request support for projectiles to have a periodic action similar to poison cloud.
Request projectile creation to include starting distance.
Request projectile impact filter. Only impact entities matching one of the types (I think)

Request projectile piercing to function even if it doesn't kill the target, so long as the target has less health initially than the piercing value. It will only impact a target once.

I am attempting to create a new flamethrower implementation, and I've tried several different methods, none of which work.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: prototype projectile extention

Post by Adil »

I'm going to try to help your requests with currently available features.
1) Have you tried making attack add sticker like 'slowdown-capsule' does or making it spawn a cloud like 'poison-capsule' does? Those are projectiles. (entity/projectiles.lua and entity/entities.lua)
2) Vanilla flamethrower has 'projectile_creation_distance' in its definition. And its ammo has 'starting_distance' though I've no idea which does what. (item/gun.lua and item/ammo.lua)
3) Yes, that'd be interesting. Currently the only example is done by giving fire resistance to the walls.
4) Have you tried giving it splash damage? Or spawning another projectile? Also have a look at railgun definitions. (item/gun.lua and item/ammo.lua)
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: prototype projectile extention

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Adil wrote:I'm going to try to help your requests with currently available features.
1) Have you tried making attack add sticker like 'slowdown-capsule' does or making it spawn a cloud like 'poison-capsule' does? Those are projectiles. (entity/projectiles.lua and entity/entities.lua)
2) Vanilla flamethrower has 'projectile_creation_distance' in its definition. And its ammo has 'starting_distance' though I've no idea which does what. (item/gun.lua and item/ammo.lua)
3) Yes, that'd be interesting. Currently the only example is done by giving fire resistance to the walls.
4) Have you tried giving it splash damage? Or spawning another projectile? Also have a look at railgun definitions. (item/gun.lua and item/ammo.lua)
I've tried to make it spawn a cloud. There doesn't appear to be any way to give the cloud a speed and direction based on the weapon's firing.
I cannot figure out how the sticker from slowdown capsule works.

Projectile creation didstance doesn't appear to work for things other than flamethrower, and I don't think starting distance works right either.

Spawning a new projectile, I expect would just mass impact with the same unit until it explodes. Splash damage works, but isn't the effect I want.
Fire resistance on walls just makes them immune to damage, Flamer doesn't go through them or anything, it just gets stuck on them, like everything else.
Railgun deals line damage, apperently. I haven't tested it yet, so it might work.

Currently, I am making it, on impact, release poison cloud equivilent. Not ideal, but the closest I can manage so far.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Modding interface requests”