Add a none option to PathfinderFlags

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
turoni
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Add a none option to PathfinderFlags

Post by turoni »

I'm trying to make a mod in which I want biters to move in very specific paths.
Giving 3 biters a set_command to move from point A1,A2,A3 to B1,B2,B3 will usually result in 1 and 3 going to A2, all of them moving to B2 and then splitting up.
Which is way too smart for what I want to achieve. I'm able to mitigate this a bit by making a compound command that just gives them 10-20 different commands for each point along the way that I want them to follow as close as possible but this really feels like fighting against a very smart interface while I just want it to be a lot dumber. To have it be dumb I'd like to have an option in PathfinderFlags that specifies something like none and if that is enabled it shouldn't do any pathfinding but just let the biter run from A to B and fail the command if it bumps into anything.

tldr: add a none option to PathfinderFlags that removes any pathfinding in set_command.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Add a none option to PathfinderFlags

Post by Klonan »

You probably want to try disabling the path cache and see if it helps

turoni
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Add a none option to PathfinderFlags

Post by turoni »

Using cache doesn't seem to realize the effect I like, probably because my biters start very close to each other so not sure if there are settings that can fix that (or if I just need to spawn them better somehow).
I attached two files for visualization.
Flags are:
CodeFlags.png
CodeFlags.png (23.71 KiB) Viewed 189 times
AtoB is just 1 command to go to an outer circle.
AtoBunit is a series of commands that is the same command but each time the biter is assigned a point 1 unit vector further.

In this part I like to create a circle that just grows bigger and during it stays a circle.

Attachments
RingAtoBUnit.mp4
(26.34 MiB) Downloaded 17 times
RingAtoB.mp4
(16.2 MiB) Downloaded 16 times

Return to “Modding interface requests”