Allow disabling spider vehicle autopilot path visualisation line width

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Allow disabling spider vehicle autopilot path visualisation line width

Post by Deadlock989 »

Spider vehicle graphics sets define four Animations for the positions that constitute their autopilot queue and final destination in world view and map view. If you want them to be disabled, you can leave them as nil and nothing is drawn. Simples.

There are also two line width properties for the connecting lines between the vehicle and points along the autopilot path. These cannot currently be disabled as far as I can tell. If you specify 0 or less as the line width, the width seems to be silently ceilinged to one pixel.

I would like to disable the lines for a specific spider vehicle prototype (in map view at least). A new property could work, but specifying 0 for the line widths could also work.

If there's a current way of stopping the lines from being rendered I would be interested to know. Currently the only way I've found is to put the vehicle on an enemy force, which isn't an option.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Allow disabling spider vehicle autopilot path visualisation line width

Post by Klonan »

There is no proper way to do it right now, as a workaround you can set the width to a very very small value (I tried 1 / 100000) and it won't be visible on the chart (A value of 0 makes the renderer call a specific drawLine function instead of the width one)

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Allow disabling spider vehicle autopilot path visualisation line width

Post by Deadlock989 »

Thanks, that works.

Return to “Modding interface requests”