Opening a trash inventory, in itself

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Opening a trash inventory, in itself

Post by Honktown »

A normal inventory can be opened, and a script inventory can be opened (and is only openable) through assigning it to .opened.

Trash inventories don't have this behavior, but opening them separately would allow relative guis anchored to the trash inventory. The original discussions was someone wanted to have a trash inventory open while a chest is opened. An inversion of this logic is to open a trash inventory, and have transfer buttons in a relative GUI.

If inventories were directly embeddable in gui elements, this wouldn't be necessary (trash could be anchored normally, if it could be opened at all... so there is still that). Having trash open-able as its own inventory could still have other uses, as, at present, one can't directly have trash with another inventory (other than the character's).

A tiny consideration is whether the inventory should show normal icons or trash icons for the slots... it's only visual, I gave it no consideration other than "the normal trash inventory has the garbage can icons"
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Return to “Modding interface requests”