Ability to read an event of entity force change or place entities into the construction queue

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
1WheelDude
Inserter
Inserter

Ability to read an event of entity force change or place entities into the construction queue

Post by 1WheelDude »

Hello,

Two great mods I've tried out Constructron-Continued and Construction Planner Continued

Construction Planner allows the player to set down ghosts without anything attempting to build the ghosts until an approval process occurs. This gives a nice controlled process of when things get built in the factory. Currently, the way I understand, is that Contruction Planner places ghost entities under a force so that nothing on the players faction attempts to build, and the player can select areas for approval with a selection box and changes the force of the ghost entities. This works with bots, but unfortunately doesn't with Constructron because Constructron doesn't have an event to trigger its behavior.

Currently, there's not a way for mods to listen for when an entity changes forces or programmatically put entities into the construction queue. The links above are some discussion of the two mod creators of what they would need for compatibility.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Ability to read an event of entity force change or place entities into the construction queue

Post by raiguard »

In this case, I feel that a custom event is the best solution. This is a pretty niche interaction, and a custom event completely resolves the problem.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

Return to “Modding interface requests”