Add option to restrict import of external bp with size(or something else)

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Masamune00
Inserter
Inserter

Add option to restrict import of external bp with size(or something else)

Post by Masamune00 »

Hello,

We currently have an issue in our server, some griefers just import bps which increase size of savefile to like 600mb or something, and we don't want to disable bp import...

Would it be possible to add an option to restrict bp size import with the implementation of whatever you feel like is easier to do ? (like could be just string length of bp, number of items in the bp, size of bp after import...)

Thanks you for your time !
Regards,
Masamune00

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Add option to restrict import of external bp with size(or something else)

Post by Stringweasel »

You probably want to restrict maximum amount if blueprints a player can own. Otherwise if you set the size to 10MB, then a griefer could just add the dame BP over and over.
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Add option to restrict import of external bp with size(or something else)

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I can agree with and support this idea, and concur with Stringweasel that you'll want to limit the max size of the BP book on at least a per player basis. Maybe even have it as a permissions thing where admins can bypass this limit.

I do feel as though this request probably should've been in the general ideas section, though, vs modding as you'd generally want this available to a vanilla game so it can be activated without disabling achievements.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Modding interface requests”