Allow Sprite Variations to have a direction Component

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Anfilt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Allow Sprite Variations to have a direction Component

Post by Anfilt »

Right now entities that use a sprite variations when placing will use the first sprite.

However, for an entity that is non-square like 2x5 in size this interacts weirdly with rotation, as the first variation will not line up with all rotations of that entity. For example I have an entity that I want to effectively have 2 variations for each direction basically left or right. So having some way to specify the direction in the entity prototype for a given sprite in the `pictures` table would be quite helpful. I would probably pick the first sprite that has the matching direction like north ect..., and if there are no directions specified in any of the sprites default to the current behavior.

Some sprites to give a visual idea of what I am referring to.

Like this can be partially corrected after the entity has been placed since `graphics_variation` is write-able on an entity. However, that does not fix all the problems particularly during placement if the item is on the players current `cursor_stack` there is no way to specify which variation is displayed. Also if a blue print is rotated again the variation will not line up with direction ect...

Return to “Modding interface requests”