Seperate Personal Roboport Construction Zone Sprite and Roboport Construction Zone Sprite

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
zerostarm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Seperate Personal Roboport Construction Zone Sprite and Roboport Construction Zone Sprite

Post by zerostarm »

TL;DR
Add "personal_construction_radius_visualization" to Prototype/UtilitySprites and add the graphic "__core__/graphics/visualization-personal-construction-radius.png"
What ?
I suggest that the sprite used for personal robotics equipment zones be separate from the one used for Roboport Construction zones.

Currently when using a personal roboport inside of a larger construction zone it is visually unclear where your own personal construction zone is.
This is shown below with a personal zone (not to scale) and a roboport zone shown:
Current Roboport Colors Are Bad.png
Current Roboport Colors Are Bad.png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 1262 times
Optimally something similar to the below would be possible:
Better Roboport Colors.png
Better Roboport Colors.png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1262 times
The way the current roboport construction zone and personal roboport construction zone sprite is defined is through Prototype/UtilitySprites/construction_radius_visualization and "__core__/graphics/visualization-construction-radius.png". My proposal is to have added a field called "personal_construction_radius_visualization" to Prototype/UtilitySprites and add the graphic "__core__/graphics/visualization-personal-construction-radius.png"
Why ?
This will hopefully add visual clarity to personal construction zones. And may even be fun (This is where I would show an image of Rick Astley as a personal roboport construction zone but the image of Rick I tried to used was larger that 11x11 pixels :cry:)
Realistically this is a very niche thing that shouldn't add too much complexity to the game while adding a small amount of visual clarity and potentially a little fun.

Xynariz
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Seperate Personal Roboport Construction Zone Sprite and Roboport Construction Zone Sprite

Post by Xynariz »

+1.

I like the idea of being able to tell where my personal roboport construction zone is when I'm inside a larger network.

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Seperate Personal Roboport Construction Zone Sprite and Roboport Construction Zone Sprite

Post by netmand »

in addition; I'd like to see a way to limit construction/destruction requests to the personal zone only not the other zone. I always get annoyed when I'm constructing/destructing something and parts of it are assigned to the non-personal zone construction bots.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

netmand wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:38 pm
in addition; I'd like to see a way to limit construction/destruction requests to the personal zone only not the other zone. I always get annoyed when I'm constructing/destructing something and parts of it are assigned to the non-personal zone construction bots.
This is completely unrelated to the graphical sprite question and should be its own suggestion post!

Return to “Modding interface requests”