R/W temps of reactors, etc or R/W consumption,burner.efficie

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

R/W temps of reactors, etc or R/W consumption,burner.efficie

Post by ownlyme »

Hi,
We're currently working on an update for the realistic reactors mod, which involves often replacing the entity.
The problem we ran into is that the temperature of the reactor always resets to 15° after replacing, which can't be changed.
I also noticed that heat-pipes have no api for their temperature either.
Alternatively, an api for the consumption and burner efficiency would be great too.

i was hoping you could add an api for the temperature of entities that have one.
thanks, you guys are awesome!
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: R/W temps of reactors, etc or R/W consumption,burner.efficie

Post by Optera »

Am I missing something?
temperature is already an R/W property of some entities (including reactors) https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... emperature

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

yeah but doesnt work on reactors, at least the displayed temperature on the entity resets to 15, even if you immediately set its "temperature" to the old value after replacing it.
it rises again within 1 second to its old value but at the pace we are replacing it the temperature is just jumping wildly.
Maybe it's the internal heat buffer that causes it (though changing its properties had no effect at all)

why did the staff member remove his post?
he wrote "I'd like to request this to be implemented as properties of (a new newly created) LuaHeatEnergySource."
i'm not entirely sure how that would look but i hope it would fix the problems we had with it

i attached the mod if you need a demonstration
Attachments
RealisticReactors_1.0.4.zip
(326.2 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

i discovered that i could manipulate efficiency by constantly updating remaining_burning_fuel, but there is no way to change the consumption

CyberWizard2261
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CyberWizard2261 »

I stumbled upon the same problem: I made heat accumulators based on heat pipes and wanted to make them keep the same temperature when replaced by an upgrade

The problem is: I set the entity's temperature in the on_built_entity event but this event only fires few ticks AFTER the entity is built, time enough to set its initial temperature to 15C and on top of this the game GUI for some reason delay to show the temperature set by the code another few ticks

If I use game.print(entity.temperature) just after setting the temperature it shows the right value while the game GUI shows 15C or an intermediary value (I tested on an isolated entity so no heat coming from external sources) only after a bit less than 1sec the GUI shows the right temperature I set by code

So the main problem is not R/W temp of reactors but the game GUI delaying to show the right value

Return to “Modding interface requests”