[Research Survey] Replayability of triple S games

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
charga600
Inserter
Inserter

[Research Survey] Replayability of triple S games

Post by charga600 »

Hello All,

My name is Charlie and I am a final year student of the Games Design and Development course at London South Bank University. As part of my final year dissertation I am researching the replayability of simulation, strategy and sandbox games and have selected the following games to analyse:
- Cities: Skylines
- Factorio
- Hearts of Iron IV
- Rimworld
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Stellaris

As part of this I plan to survey players of these games and for this I invite you to participate in this survey. The survey will only take a maximum of 10 minutes to complete and can be accessed via the following link:
https://lsbu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/replay ... dbox-games

Your help is much appreciated and will help myself and others gain a better understanding of these types of games and hopefully make great ones in the future. If you have any question please don’t hesitate to contact me via direct message, the email provided at the start of the survey or by replying below.

Thanks in advance, Charlie (charga600)

lxl
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Research Survey] Replayability of triple S games

Post by lxl »

I submitted. Please take a look at my comments( on method).
Can you promise to publish your result here in this thread?

charga600
Inserter
Inserter

Post by charga600 »

lxl wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:42 am
I submitted. Please take a look at my comments( on method).
Can you promise to publish your result here in this thread?
Thank you for completing the survey and I will try to remember to post the results although this is all for an undergraduate bachelor's degree, so it is by no means actual academic research!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

charga600 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:18 pm
[…] although this is all for an undergraduate bachelor's degree, so it is by no means actual academic research!
How can you say that? The work you do to get a bachelor's degree is of course actual academic research. It is an academic degree, after all. You ask a question nobody else has asked before, or try to rephrase other people's work and put it in a different context. Sure, you currently do this with a lot of help and supervision. And it is not going to change the course of history. But it is nonetheless actual academic research.

Return to “Off topic”