Factorio's brother from another mother needs help!

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Sejemus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Factorio's brother from another mother needs help!

Post by Sejemus »

Hello fellow factorio players, addicts etc. If you haven't seen it yet a new game inspired by factorio is in the works. Imagin factorio in 3D and you can see a fraction of what the game will be like :D

But we need more support on thier IGG campaign! So if you would like to see how factorio would play in 3D, go support them at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/infi ... /x/1721432
If you don't want to/can support the campaign by purchasing the game, you can support them by sharing the campaign with your friends and make them share it with their friends and their friends friends.. Lot's of friends..
Do it! Do it now! :D

-Sejemus

EDIT: Just to clearify, I am NOT the developer of InfiniExplorers. I'm just sharing it hoping it will reach its funding goal.
Last edited by Sejemus on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio's brother from another mother needs help!

Post by silman »

I saw this game about a month ago, the fact that there is no mention of factorio as inspiration even though the models for almost all the objects in game are clones of Factorio makes me not want to donate.

Sejemus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sejemus »

silman wrote:I saw this game about a month ago, the fact that there is no mention of factorio as inspiration even though the models for almost all the objects in game are clones of Factorio makes me not want to donate.
He did say in a post on the steam greenlight comment section that factorio is part of the inspiration.

[EDIT]
I have dug up the quote here :)
FarLight [Creator] wrote:This game was inspired in a lot of great sci-fi games, The game is a really well combination of all the cool ideas from games like Space Engineers, Factorio, FTL, StarBound, Moon Base Alpha, 0x10c, Minecraft, InfiniMiner..., I hope you can enjoy the game, Thank you!!

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

I'm personally questioning the non-spamness of this thread and OP's account, since their only 2 posts are in here.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Sejemus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sejemus »

n9103 wrote:I'm personally questioning the non-spamness of this thread and OP's account, since their only 2 posts are in here.
I know that this is my first thread. I've played Factorio for months though just never took the time to register on the forum.
I don't see how you would categorize this as spam though, as the game previously has been mentioned by the devs in an update.
I just want the game to succeed is all, that's why I choose to post this in the off-topic section in the first place, as it's not directly related to factorio.
But I never intended to spam anything :)

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

From where I'm sitting, looks like you joined just to promote a different game.
But I'm one of the more rough-around-the-edges forumites, so there are plenty who would disagree with me.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

n9103 wrote:From where I'm sitting, looks like you joined just to promote a different game.
I was going to put a little nicer but n9103 has hit the nail on the head.

And to make things worse, it seems like a direct copy of the game that this forum is dedicated to.

There is a fine line between using something as inspiration and plagarism. I'd love to know what your game brings to the table that improves upon the minecraft -> factorio genre and hence why we should support your creation.

silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by silman »

-root wrote:
n9103 wrote:From where I'm sitting, looks like you joined just to promote a different game.
I was going to put a little nicer but n9103 has hit the nail on the head.

And to make things worse, it seems like a direct copy of the game that this forum is dedicated to.

There is a fine line between using something as inspiration and plagarism. I'd love to know what your game brings to the table that improves upon the minecraft -> factorio genre and hence why we should support your creation.
agree completely, it just looks like factorio in 3D, i mean c'mon, everything down from the color of the inserter to the dome made from triangles for the laboratory is straight from Factorio.

I bet even the game's logic is ripped mostly from Factorio source.

Sejemus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sejemus »

Well, I just haven't had the need to create my account until now and I thought that as the game has been mentioned by the devs it would be alright to talk about.
But apparently I was wrong, I'm sorry I didn't know off topic wasn't allowed in the off topic section :|

I'll stay out of the off topic till I have more posts else where so I won't get accused for being a spammer.

Thanks anyway and have a nice day.

-Sejemus

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xecutor »

Sejemus: there was a discussion about this. Here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=5664].

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Sejemus wrote:Well, I just haven't had the need to create my account until now and I thought that as the game has been mentioned by the devs it would be alright to talk about.
But apparently I was wrong, I'm sorry I didn't know off topic wasn't allowed in the off topic section :|

I'll stay out of the off topic till I have more posts else where so I won't get accused for being a spammer.

Thanks anyway and have a nice day.

-Sejemus
The thing that we would like to know is why we should support something that looks like a cheap knock off. I think that the community has a lot of questions about the game and would like some more information about it.

I know I wouldn't hesitate to support a game that was an improvement upon a game I already know and love. However there is no depth to my scorn towards a developer that is blatantly copying an existing game in development for some selfish reason.

Sejemus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sejemus »

-root wrote: The thing that we would like to know is why we should support something that looks like a cheap knock off. I think that the community has a lot of questions about the game and would like some more information about it.

I know I wouldn't hesitate to support a game that was an improvement upon a game I already know and love. However there is no depth to my scorn towards a developer that is blatantly copying an existing game in development for some selfish reason.
The game as it looks right now is not the final version. Yes it looks like Factorio and that's the point. It's inspired by Factorio and other games that I have quoted previously on the topic. But the developer is currently working with a concept artist to make new content to the game that will be unique and different from Factorio. I can't speak for the game, but I think it's gonna be awsome in its own way but still keep Factorio as awesome as IT is.

This game is no attempt to copy a successful game to get a cheap shot, it's a game that is taking inspiration from games he like and adding his own touches to it. That's exactly what game development is ALSO about.

I hope you all understand that he's not asking you to support a knock off of good games, he's asking you to support his vision of the features of different games combined in a way.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Sejemus wrote: But the developer is currently working with a concept artist to make new content to the game that will be unique and different from Factorio. I can't speak for the game, but I think it's gonna be awsome in its own way but still keep Factorio as awesome as IT is.
Wait. I thought you were the developer? So you're not related to the game in anyway?
Sejemus wrote:This game is no attempt to copy a successful game to get a cheap shot, it's a game that is taking inspiration from games he like and adding his own touches to it. That's exactly what game development is ALSO about.

I hope you all understand that he's not asking you to support a knock off of good games, he's asking you to support his vision of the features of different games combined in a way.
Now I'm confused. The way you talk is like you are from the game? Can you let us know if you have any relation or interest in the game?

Anyway, i can only speak for myself. I know that I'm always keeping an eye for another good game. They are too far apart with too few inbetween. If this is an improvement and a natural iteration on Factorio and it brings extra things to the table that I would really, really like to see, then I'd be all for it.

But if its just a knock off in 3d, I don't have time for it. I'd rather play the original. Every movie maker knows the sequel needs to kick the living daylights out of the original otherwise people will be forever comparing it to the first and how the sequel didn't deliver. Different area but similar mechanic I believe.

Sejemus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sejemus »

-root wrote: Now I'm confused. The way you talk is like you are from the game? Can you let us know if you have any relation or interest in the game?
I am in no way affiliated with the game or anything the company does. I am simply a player like any of you other people here who enjoys video games :)
I'm simply spreading the word because I would like the game to reach the funding goal ;)
-root wrote: Anyway, i can only speak for myself. I know that I'm always keeping an eye for another good game. They are too far apart with too few inbetween. If this is an improvement and a natural iteration on Factorio and it brings extra things to the table that I would really, really like to see, then I'd be all for it.

But if its just a knock off in 3d, I don't have time for it. I'd rather play the original. Every movie maker knows the sequel needs to kick the living daylights out of the original otherwise people will be forever comparing it to the first and how the sequel didn't deliver. Different area but similar mechanic I believe.
As I said ealier, I can't speak for the game. But from what the developer has stated on the steam greenlight discussion page the game WILL include new stuff. That's all I can say really. I can't promise it'll be super awesome but one can hope. The fact that he's done what it is now all alone shows me that he really want to get through with it. So right now I'm taking his word for it and hoping that these two games, while looking similair, will be two different games. But I can't say it WILL be like that only that it seems to be.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

i like the factorio 3d graphics :P Cant wait what he can bring to the game that he thought off (i dont judge!)
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Did it get bugfixes recently? I tried it out about a month ago and couldn't actually get into the game. I got stuck at the point where you choose a system then a planet, I followed what the tutorial was saying but I couldn't zoom into a system most of the time. Like, 1 out of 20 times it would work.

Sejemus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sejemus »

FishSandwich wrote:Did it get bugfixes recently? I tried it out about a month ago and couldn't actually get into the game. I got stuck at the point where you choose a system then a planet, I followed what the tutorial was saying but I couldn't zoom into a system most of the time. Like, 1 out of 20 times it would work.
Yea, I had the same problem when I tried it first. It seems that only desert planets are working atm. so if you choose one of those you should at least get into the game :)

Return to “Off topic”