Anime

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
oliverpowerboy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Anime

Post by oliverpowerboy »

why do anime characters always say if there going to attack before attacking?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Anime

Post by ssilk »

Cause otherwise you won't recognize it?
:)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Tyrantis123
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tyrantis123 »

Uh, because they think we are dumb, deaf and blind.

No, not really. Graphic novels requires there to be words on it in order for it to be qualified as a book. Like comic books, which is the source material for almost like 99% of all anime. Because these books are aimed towards naive teenagers and there is more manga than toilet paper in Japan, I am guessing its just a direct reference and reminder to where the source material is.

In other words, maybe its a method of belittling all those who do not read or something along of those lines. Like most other comics, meaningless violence and misrepresentation of things that means something totally different in reality.

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Tyrantis123 wrote:Uh, because they think we are dumb, deaf and blind.

No, not really. Graphic novels requires there to be words on it in order for it to be qualified as a book. Like comic books, which is the source material for almost like 99% of all anime. Because these books are aimed towards naive teenagers and there is more manga than toilet paper in Japan, I am guessing its just a direct reference and reminder to where the source material is.

In other words, maybe its a method of belittling all those who do not read or something along of those lines. Like most other comics, meaningless violence and misrepresentation of things that means something totally different in reality.
I doubt that was the actual reason. Manga do a lot of things expressed as drawing that would otherwise be expressed as written words by American writers, IIRC.

I think the writers are simply trying to make it look cool by naming their moves.

Tyrantis123
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tyrantis123 »

Possibly, probably tried to hard. Not all anime is like that, there is a hundred different flavors for different people of different interest. Animation is such a broad term, and can guarantee that the anime you are talking about is a series I never seen or heard from before. I simply give up on animations that are that dull and redundant to the point where all the characters end up saying what they are about to do.

If you are talking to mainstream anime like the ones that I cannot force myself to watch for being too childish.

There is also anime that spawned from video games and seem to lack any form of story other than these random creatures exist and we have to stop them from wrecking our world. That is the kind I generally avoid like radiation (I am looking at you Pokemon.)

I seen far too much stupidity from fanboys of other genres that makes me want to avoid specific anime in general. Filler to me is like a root canal, not fun at all and I rather be doing something totally pointless that is fun to do like factorio.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I wonder if it's not more like a cultural thing. No offense, but I've seen Japaneese movies (with subtitles) and their "westernised" version, and in the original movies, there are more endless threatening before fight actually begins, you know like for psychological war, to try to erode ennemy's willpower.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Off topic”