Which Switch is best?

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Shorty22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Which Switch is best?

Post by Shorty22 »

Hi all,

Used to play a few years back on PC but kinda lost interest a bit. Looking to start again and buy a switch, now that factorio has been released on the Nintendo Switch.

What's the best Switch for gameplay?
Lite, OLED or normal(?)

I would assume lite won't really be powerful enough, OLED would be better for graphics but may take more battery.

I'm not 100% fussed about graphics quality but I'm more interested in battery life. (Because of course the factory can never sleep.)

Any opinions/thoughts?

TIA

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Which Switch is best?

Post by Twinsen »

All Nintendo Switch versions have the same processing power.
Regarding battery life "normal" and OLED version both have the same battery life, lite has lower battery life.
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/compare/
Note that the "normal" version got a silent upgrade at some point where the chipset was upgraded to get longer battery life, so if you buy a second-hand one or very old stock, it might have the older chipset with lower battery life.

I recommend the OLED since the screen is quite nice, and the tablet mode stand is much better, but in the end it's up to your wallet.

If you want even more battery life you can get a power bank with PD fast charging that supports 15V. Cheaper powerbanks with only 5V output will charge slower.

Return to “Off topic”