Mod to boost Blue Science

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
hyspeed
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Mod to boost Blue Science

Post by hyspeed »

Hi,

I'd like to create a simple mod that changes the output of Blue Science to twice what it currently provides.
I've written a of couple mods, so I understand that part. What I don't know is how to change a recipe.

Could someone post the basic structure of what I need to do to modify this?

(I think this science is out of line with the other ones and this addresses it.)
thanks

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mod to boost Blue Science

Post by ickputzdirwech »

You can see what a general recipe prototype looks like in in the wiki: https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Recipe. In case you want to simply change the vanilla recipe and don’t have any other mods installed that mess with it you can just look up the recipe in the base game data https://github.com/wube/factorio-data/b ... .lua#L2104. Otherwise hover over the recipe in game and press ctrl-shift-F to see which parameters are specified and which mods changed the recipe.

So in this case the following line should do the trick:

Code: Select all

data.raw.recipe[“chemical-science-pack”]result_count = 4
Recipe prototypes are indeed quite complicated since they can have normal and expensive variants (but don’t have to). And the results can either be specified with “result” and “result_count” or “results”
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

hyspeed
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by hyspeed »

Thank you.

When I got into it, I realized the change I wanted to make was to the crafting time (aka energy_required).

I also learned that the quotes(") from this website don't go well with copy / paste. I got an ugly error about unexpected char(266). :)

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Glad I could help :) The thing with the quotation mark is really annoying. I blame my smartphone. Thanks for letting me know.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Modding help”