Piercing damage confusion

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
twu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Piercing damage confusion

Post by twu »

I noticed that for some reason, projectiles won't pierce certain objects no matter the piercing damage or amount of damage. Some of these structures include turrets, but also worms which kinda ruins my mod. Is there a solution/workaround to this?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Piercing damage confusion

Post by jodokus31 »

Piercing ammo produces "physical damage". Maybe certain objects have high resistance for the physical damage type.

Afaik, piercing just means, that it has 8 instead of 5 base damage, which helps against amoured biters, with higher physical damage reduction.
f.e.: a medium biter has 4 physical damage reduction. So, each shot of normal ammo produces 1 damage (5-4), where each shot of piercing ammo produces 4 damage (8-4). The rest damage is also reduced by a certain percentage (10% in case of medium biter)

twu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Piercing damage confusion

Post by twu »

I'm not really talking about piercing ammo, I'm talking about the piercing damage property that tank shells have (I can see where the confusion comes from though, my question wasn't very clear and that's my fault). I've set the piercing damage and physical damage to arbitrarily very high values. To demonstrate, while the projectile clears these 500 hp storage tanks with ease, it fails to get past a single 400 hp turret. The problem is that it does the same with worms.
Attachments
ezgif-2-59b79c835ed1.gif
ezgif-2-59b79c835ed1.gif (7.12 MiB) Viewed 2082 times

Return to “Modding help”