Technology Order

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Technology Order

Post by Natha »

Hi,

is there any system in the order in the technology tree? So are there any groups/subgroups of tech that are bunched together, like in the inventory?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Technology Order

Post by DaveMcW »

It seems like a simple alphabetical sort on the "order" field.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

i cant find any alphabetically order in the tech tree. I mean, is there a system that, e.g. group a is for automation, b for logistics and c for defense.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

{
type = "technology",
name = "automation",
icon = "__base__/graphics/technology/automation.png",
effects = {{
type = "unlock-recipe",
recipe = "assembling-machine-1"
},{
type = "unlock-recipe",
recipe = "long-handed-inserter"
}},
unit = {
count = 10,
ingredients = {{"science-pack-1", 1}},
time = 10
},
order = "a-b-a",
},

Lishget
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lishget »

Natha wrote:i cant find any alphabetically order in the tech tree. I mean, is there a system that, e.g. group a is for automation, b for logistics and c for defense.
I can help you with the last character... The last Character defines the Tier... By the assembling-machines, the first have an "a", the second a "b", the third a"c". By the armor-making techs is it the same.

Die Bedeutung des letzten Buchstabens habe ich herausgefunden. Dieser definiert die Techstufe. bei den Montagefabriken hat das Erste ein a, das Zweite ein b und das dritte ein c. Bei den Verteidigungstechniken ist es auch so.
Factorio Sprachverbesserung
Lishgets TMod

My Mods are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

Lishget wrote:
Natha wrote:i cant find any alphabetically order in the tech tree. I mean, is there a system that, e.g. group a is for automation, b for logistics and c for defense.
I can help you with the last character... The last Character defines the Tier... By the assembling-machines, the first have an "a", the second a "b", the third a"c". By the armor-making techs is it the same.

Die Bedeutung des letzten Buchstabens habe ich herausgefunden. Dieser definiert die Techstufe. bei den Montagefabriken hat das Erste ein a, das Zweite ein b und das dritte ein c. Bei den Verteidigungstechniken ist es auch so.
Das habe ich mir schon gedacht (da das ja zusammen gehört)... aber wieso ist Automatisierung ausgerechnet bei a-b-... und nicht bei z.B. c-j-...?

Thats what i thought because they belong together. But why is automation just at a-b-... and not at e.g. c-j...?

Return to “Modding help”