Image for incompatibility report to a mod [Fixed]

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
AlveKatt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Image for incompatibility report to a mod [Fixed]

Post by AlveKatt »

Image for incompatibility report to a mod
Attachments
Screenshot at 2020-12-14 15-22-21.png
Screenshot at 2020-12-14 15-22-21.png (3.63 MiB) Viewed 1395 times
Last edited by AlveKatt on Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Image for incompatibility report to a mod

Post by Klonan »

You should find the author of the mod, this is just a generally modding help forum

AlveKatt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlveKatt »

Klonan wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:26 pm
You should find the author of the mod, this is just a generally modding help forum
Oh, sorry, I posted on the specific mods page. I just used the forum as an image host.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

AlveKatt wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:33 pm
Oh, sorry, I posted on the specific mods page. I just used the forum as an image host.
Why do you need to post an image at all? Sure, there's the old saying that an image can tell more than a thousand words -- but that's not true if you just want to post an error message! If there is a crash, it will be in the log file. Find that file (it's called "factorio-current.log"), scroll down to the bottom, and copy/paste the error message + stack trace! This way, the mod author doesn't have to download an image and can copy/paste text directly from the error message when searching the code, without having to type anything.

If you want to paste the error message on the mod portal, please keep in mind that Markdown is used there. You should indent each line of the error message by at least 4 spaces to make sure that the code isn't garbled. (For example, two underscores represent an emphasis in Markdown, so a pathname like "__MODNAME__/prototypes/entity.lua" would be displayed as "MODNAME/prototypes/entity.lua" without indention.)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Yea, that dialogue is still missing the obvious copy button i requested long ago. Until then you just have to left click the message and press Ctrl+A and then CTRL+C to copy the message.

copyerror.png
copyerror.png (22.81 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Modding help”