Is it possible to make moving damaging area

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
yagaodirac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Is it possible to make moving damaging area

Post by yagaodirac »

Like a poisonous smock moves around. When people get inside they receive damage.
I spent some time looking into the fire stream prototypes, such as "flamethrower-fire-stream", and also the stickers, such as"fire-sticker".

Do I have to make a flying entity to provide the animation, and then a invisible 1 frame stream entity every frame. In this way the results of stream entities act like a single continuously moving entity. If the results touch anything they can apply sticker, then a sticker is there automatically. And the sticker is also with 1 frame lifespan so to make everything happen and stop as fast.

Or should I build up a test surface without anything. Then insert a grenade into my inventory. Track the amount of grenades in my inventory. After the grenade is thrown, surface.find_area for 2 seconds, track everything found, log them all. Then within the log file, I should be able to find something prototype and causes the damage from the grenade. This damaging should be area and work for exact 1 frame.

Should I write a suggestion about this?

Return to “Modding help”