[Solved] Robot Construction Queue

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
ChrislyBear
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Solved] Robot Construction Queue

Post by ChrislyBear »

Hello fellow Factorians,

Quick question: I'm trying to find out if an entity is being constructed/deconstructed/upgraded/serviced by personal robots (the logistics cell the robot belongs to has a character as owner and is mobile) or not. Is there any way to tell which robot is on the way to which entity?

Or differently phrased: Can I access the robot job queue somehow, or infer otherwise which bot builds a certain entity?

Best regards,
Chris

Edit: I have found, that ConstructionRobots have listed a construction_vector in their prototype, but I cannot access/find this property. Could this be part of the solution? (Iterate over personal robots, get the vector, find entities at the position the vector is pointg towards... just a thought).

Edit2: It would also suffice to find the LogisticsNetwork, the robots doing the construction belong to. I could tell if it's a personal/mobile logistics cell or not.
Last edited by ChrislyBear on Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Robot Construction Queue

Post by DaveMcW »

construction_vector is just an offset for where to hover while building.

There is no API access to get info on a robot in the air.

ChrislyBear
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Robot Construction Queue

Post by ChrislyBear »

That's unfortunate. I just found Rseding91 confirming such a thing in 2018 (here: viewtopic.php?p=388344#p388344). Scanning the targets of the personal robots would be enough for my purposes.

Chris

Edit: Bilka confirmed this on the Discord. There's no way to access the robot's destination via the API :(

Return to “Modding help”