Adding Features to The Game

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Suf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Adding Features to The Game

Post by Suf »

Hi all

Now i don't know how much you can add to the game regarding features,what i mean by that is like adding an RGB sliders(like the one used to change the character color)to make it control the color of entity or GUI or even change the slider look.Can you add a new system to the game,let's say for example i want to add a system working not exactly like modules slots,can i just do that? or do we have a limit as modders?

Thanks in advance.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Adding Features to The Game

Post by robot256 »

I suggest you take a look at the huge variety of existing mods--nearly anything is possible! Just about any stat or entity can be altered. But some things cause major performance problems when done in LUA mods, or cause conflicts with other mods, so they are discouraged. The modding tutorials and Lua API documentation is the place to start.

Suf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Adding Features to The Game

Post by Suf »

robot256 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:37 pm
I suggest you take a look at the huge variety of existing mods--nearly anything is possible! Just about any stat or entity can be altered. But some things cause major performance problems when done in LUA mods, or cause conflicts with other mods, so they are discouraged. The modding tutorials and Lua API documentation is the place to start.
Thanks for confirming what i'm after to mod :)

Return to “Modding help”