Can I make 2.5d sprites in resources?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
mpratt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Can I make 2.5d sprites in resources?

Post by mpratt »

To clarify my admittedly murky attempt at a subject: I am making a new resource (Wheat) for a mod. I have made a texture for it with stages, and that part seems to work fine and even looks decent enough by itself and functions just fine, but there's a couple graphical problems in game. Basically, I can't figure out how to get the game to render a Resource entity as anything other than a sticker on the ground. Because of this, the wheat sprites have the random decoratives (grass tufts, rocks, etc) rendered on top of them, as well as the player and any other entity. I'd like the wheat entities to act more like the decoratives and trees - in front of things "higher" than them on the screen - so it looks a little more realistic.

Anyone know if this is possible? I've scoured the Resource prototype definition but didn't see anything, but I'm pretty new to modding so I may have missed something.

mpratt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Can I make 2.5d sprites in resources?

Post by mpratt »

I've attached an example of how it renders in-game. I'm hoping to get each "row" of wheat rendering in front of anything at the same horizontal position or above, basically.
Attachments
bad_zindex.png
bad_zindex.png (3.65 MiB) Viewed 928 times

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Can I make 2.5d sprites in resources?

Post by darkfrei »

mpratt wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:15 pm
I've attached an example of how it renders in-game. I'm hoping to get each "row" of wheat rendering in front of anything at the same horizontal position or above, basically.
Maybe values by render_layer and render_layer_when_on_ground:

Code: Select all

data.raw["optimized-particle"]["deep-water-lower-particle"].render_layer = "lower-object-above-shadow"
data.raw["optimized-particle"]["deep-water-lower-particle"].render_layer_when_on_ground = "corpse"

Return to “Modding help”