MODPACK Factorio 10.11.11 MAP gen issue

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

MODPACK Factorio 10.11.11 MAP gen issue

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Hello, I've been having some trouble with a modpack i've been putting together. It seems it works fine in SP... Works in MP (ALONE) but as soon as you connect or try generating a map in MP it CTD's... If anyone here can reconstruct this modpack or tell me how i can fix this and make it work i would be very happy!

NOTE: I am new to this forum so if i am not allowed to post this link please tell me so and ill list all the mod names + credits & a seperate link to all of them so you can put the modpack together itself and enjoy it;)!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please do not say mods are not compatible because it seems no matter howmuch mods i throw out. even if i leave up to TWO mods in this modpack it still has the same Desynch / generation issue. However if i completely throw out all mods it somehow fixes it? leaving me thinking that factorio 10.11.11 does not work with mods at all. However this is why i want your help:)!

Btw this modpack DID work in factorio 10.11.10 however something got changed and messed up on both of them. Leaving me clueless how to fix this issue :(

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2y8vl6i43jdd ... 2.rar?dl=0

This link provides the FULL modpack and can be dragged and dropped make sure you can generate a MP map. Singleplayer works. Also if you want to really adress the issue PLEASE make sure you have a friend who is willing to DL the modpack to and login to an MP server one of you has to host. (Sometimes, generating a map in mp yourself works. But loads of times you will see it wont and will immediately CTD)

Sorry if this seems to be a little bit messy but go ahead and download the modpack and start it up and try launching a MP game and fix this map generation issue:) (Even if you generated a map in MP solo let someone else join and it WILL crash) < FIX THIS:(!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've overlooked some stuff! This is fixed. However like L0771 said the mods arent updated in this. Which is true this was only to search for some issues i underfound with the modpack:) Thank you for all the help. Especially you L0771 for your descriptive explaining on what works and what didn't and how to fix the issues;)
Last edited by darkshadow1809 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: MODPACK Factorio 10.11.11 MAP gen issue

Post by L0771 »

I prefer only the name and version of the mods, is easy to see and i don't like modpacks free on the forum.
I want to upload a new version of cursed-exp today, and if someone download your modpack, he haven't the update :(

The CTD usually is for a problem on gui, if a mod try to delete an inexistent gui element... But isn't the only cause.
I don't know all others mods, i for now use only TreeFarm and Cursed Exp, i give a tool for you.
in notepad++ browse (Ctrl+F by default) all "game.player" like this

game.player.force is the only one accepted.

I'm not sure, but i think you problems are
- DyTech-Metallurgy
- DyTech-Warfare
- Factorio-Alphamod-master
- SmartSplitters

Is easy to fix, but i don't want edit code of other modder.

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

Not sure if its issue, but you have Factorio-Alphamod-master folder in this modpack, you should use only the folder inside it (AlphaMod_0_1_2)

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

it's true, the game only reads the folder like a mod if have info.lua, this mod isn't installed -.-

Return to “Modding help”