Mod question: how to make biters spawn in start area ?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Saiph300
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mod question: how to make biters spawn in start area ?

Post by Saiph300 »

Hi,

I am tweaking worldgen and wonder if it's possible to allow biters to spawn in start area ? My end goal is to make it so that you are immediatly close to enemy bases when spawning but also have a few resources to start with.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod question: how to make biters spawn in start area ?

Post by Honktown »

Saiph300 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:28 pm
Hi,

I am tweaking worldgen and wonder if it's possible to allow biters to spawn in start area ? My end goal is to make it so that you are immediatly close to enemy bases when spawning but also have a few resources to start with.
If starting area is 17% with higher frequency they're usually nearby. Close enough to start attacking or just a little bit away. There may also be an autoplace option, since other resources can be set to always spawn close. If you mix a smaller starting area with richer resources you force a person to stay in one place. I used to do that because I don't find resource gathering/train management interesting.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Saiph300
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Saiph300 »

Indeed with 17% biters spawn close enough but for some reason starting resources don't spawn anymore. They only do at 25% or above, not sure if this is normal. I use RSO mod and made a few tweaks on starting resources (mostly disabling everything except iron and coal).

So ideally I would like to set spawn area to 25-50% and allow biters to spawn inside of that.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

AFAIK RSO uses a completely different world generator, so it isn't really comparable with vanilla ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “Modding help”