hidden entities + inserters

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

hidden entities + inserters

Post by ownlyme »

is there any way to make a prototype ignored by inserters?
(except making collision size 0x0, because it messes up the heat pipes)
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: hidden entities + inserters

Post by Bilka »

You can wait for 0.17 and then use the entity prototype flag that prevents inserters from interacting with your entity.
0.17 Mod/Script change log as of June 27 2018 wrote:Added Entity prototype flags "no-inserter-pickup" and "no-inserter-dropoff".
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Bilka wrote:You can wait for 0.17 and then use the entity prototype flag that prevents inserters from interacting with your entity.
0.17 Mod/Script change log as of June 27 2018 wrote:Added Entity prototype flags "no-inserter-pickup" and "no-inserter-dropoff".
Does that also work on type = "item-entity" btw? Becaues currently contrary to other things they can still be picked up even if they have no collision box. So there seems to be some special treatment?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

eradicator wrote:Does that also work on type = "item-entity" btw? Becaues currently contrary to other things they can still be picked up even if they have no collision box. So there seems to be some special treatment?
It should work, the prototype flag is checked before the special treatment is applied.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Bilka wrote:
eradicator wrote:Does that also work on type = "item-entity" btw? Becaues currently contrary to other things they can still be picked up even if they have no collision box. So there seems to be some special treatment?
It should work, the prototype flag is checked before the special treatment is applied.
Thanks. Good to know :).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

and how long till 0.17? i'm already thrilled for it since you announced the new laser towers, and even more since you announced the new interface..
that was half a year ago^^
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Return to “Modding help”