disable productivity modules for a single recipe

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Sigma1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

disable productivity modules for a single recipe

Post by Sigma1 »

I have a mod which allows you to put barrels of uranium hexafluoride into centrifuges to get U-235 and U-238. The issue is, that you get extra barrels when you use productivity modules. I don't want this to happen, so the obvious solution would be to disable productivity for that recipe, which I do not know how to do.
she/they

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: disable productivity modules for a single recipe

Post by Klonan »

Sigma1 wrote:I have a mod which allows you to put barrels of uranium hexafluoride into centrifuges to get U-235 and U-238. The issue is, that you get extra barrels when you use productivity modules. I don't want this to happen, so the obvious solution would be to disable productivity for that recipe, which I do not know how to do.
You have to add it specifically to the productivity module definition for it to work with productivity, so as long as you don't do that, you should be fine

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Klonan wrote:
Sigma1 wrote:I have a mod which allows you to put barrels of uranium hexafluoride into centrifuges to get U-235 and U-238. The issue is, that you get extra barrels when you use productivity modules. I don't want this to happen, so the obvious solution would be to disable productivity for that recipe, which I do not know how to do.
You have to add it specifically to the productivity module definition for it to work with productivity, so as long as you don't do that, you should be fine
which works fine until you have a mod that adds a new productivity module and doesn't include a filter.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

bobingabout wrote: which works fine until you have a mod that adds a new productivity module and doesn't include a filter.
At which point you have to make it a something final fixes something, and loop through all modules that give productivity, add the filter it if doesn't exist yet, and add itself to the blacklist.

Or however it works.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

it can be done in data updates... in theory, ALL recipes and items SHOULD exist by the end of the data phase, but the ingredients and results of a recipe can still change. That's why mod optional dependencies still exist, so you can choose load order for stuff that's really important on deciding if a recipe should be added or not.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Modding help”