Does the coin (science-pack subgroup) item have any use?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
VBMeireles
Inserter
Inserter

Does the coin (science-pack subgroup) item have any use?

Post by VBMeireles »

I'm considering adding it (this coin thing) as an exception to my item stack_size modifier (to 500) loop but I won't if it's not worth it (if it's not used anywhere).

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Does the coin (science-pack subgroup) item have any use?

Post by FreeER »

The only place I recall it being used is with the market in the scenario pack (available when buying the Furnace Attendant 'pack'). So, probably not worth adding an exception.

VBMeireles
Inserter
Inserter

Post by VBMeireles »

Thanks. :) I've recently upgraded to the top, name-in-the-game pack, but haven't tried any of the scenarios yet.

Are you part of the development team, by the way, FreeER? It seems you know so much about modding Factorio.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

VBMeireles wrote:Are you part of the development team, by the way, FreeER? It seems you know so much about modding Factorio.
No, but I've been playing with the lua code since the public release, as such if I haven't personally used (or manipulated) some part of the API I've probably seen someone else (try to) do so or at least can hazard an informed guess as to whether it exists (and why it would) :)
I'm also the first, and only?, person to write a tutorial/guide for modding Factorio (originally for 0.3, updated later to 0.7.x, then jeroon updated it more recently to 10.x).
I've also tried to add information to the wiki, which reminds me that I haven't added this information yet... even though I took the time to find it lol :)
Oh, I'm also a moderator of the forum (though, to be honest I don't do much...ssilk does far far more than I do).
So... there are a few reasons for me to know quite a bit about modding Factorio, I still won't claim to know everything though.
plus the devs have given a few people access to the source. I'm one, though I have practically zero C++ experience, I can read it well enough to find something specific

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

F-mod uses the coin for trading with the red planet.

Return to “Modding help”