Need help installing mods

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Need help installing mods

Post by speedy45 »

hi I need help with installing mods for Factorio 0.9.8 with scenerio pack 10.1 installed as well. So here is my problem, I try installing the following mods and no luck:

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=4845
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=4831
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=3130

Also I did installing the mods the following folder with no luck:

C:\Program Files\Factorio\data

So let me know why is this happening to me since. and I would these mods to work with Factorio?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Need help installing mods

Post by FishSandwich »

Mods go into the mod folder not the data folder.

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by speedy45 »

I try that already and no luck, and also when I load the game the mods I installed didn't show it.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

speedy45 wrote:I try that already and no luck, and also when I load the game the mods I installed didn't show it.
I'm curious, did you try in C:\Program Files\Factorio\mods or %appdata%\Factorio\mods, because if you used the installer (and you probably did since it's in program files) the %appdata% folder is where Factorio will be looking for mods to load (saves would also be in %appdata%\Factorio\saves).

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by speedy45 »

application Data\Factorio\mods by going to c:\Program Files\Factorio\mods and click on the shortcut that to application Data\Factorio\mods
FreeER wrote:
speedy45 wrote:I try that already and no luck, and also when I load the game the mods I installed didn't show it.
I'm curious, did you try in C:\Program Files\Factorio\mods or %appdata%\Factorio\mods, because if you used the installer (and you probably did since it's in program files) the %appdata% folder is where Factorio will be looking for mods to load (saves would also be in %appdata%\Factorio\saves).

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

speedy45 wrote:application Data\Factorio\mods
Ok, I've encountered it once where Factorio hadn't created the mods link and so the person had created the folder in Program Files\Factorio manually :)

hm, if I recall correctly 9.8 could load mods from zips and only bob's power is rar (which would need to be extracted)... The only thing I can think of right now (since application data is the correct folder) is that options\other->"automatically enable new mods" has been disabled, of course if they don't show up at all under the mods menu then I'm not sure what's going on, if you haven't tried to extract them then maybe do that.

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by speedy45 »

yeah I did extract these mods in seperate folders by name of mod and it didn't work at all so yes the game doesn't see the mods are installed.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Perhaps some screenshots would help here?

Return to “Modding help”