Trying to update a mod from .14 to .15, new to modding

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
xceled
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Trying to update a mod from .14 to .15, new to modding

Post by xceled »

Hello,

I'm trying to update Biotech 1.9 from .14 to .15 (latest) of Factorio. I'm also new to modding but a programmer by day so I suspect I can figure it out...if I can find the right references

The error on startup for the mod indicates I'm missing fluid_input in the prototype entities.lua file. It makes sense that the definitions objects change and need to be updated but I cannot figure out where to look for a definition of what attributes this prototype (generator) is supposed to have.

I ended up at https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Generator but it doesn't even list the fluid_input attribute. Surely there is a reference these kind of things maintained by the developers?

I apologize if I've missed some posts or resource that clearly explains this, I looked around but had no luck...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Trying to update a mod from .14 to .15, new to modding

Post by bobingabout »

That tag is actually required on the steam engine, and from 0.15.10 I think the boiler as well. look up "steam-engine" and "boiler" in demo-entities.lua to see how things have changed.

I went to diffchecker.com and compared the 0.14 code with the 0.15 code to see the changes.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Modding help”