Map gen frequency settings override?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
grimdanfango
Inserter
Inserter

Map gen frequency settings override?

Post by grimdanfango »

I'm pretty much a total novice when it come lua script, so I'm a bit lost where to even start looking...

Is there anywhere in user-editable .lua files where I can access the perlin noise scales that the map gen "very-low, low, medium" frequency settings actually define? I'm playing around trying to build a sort of "my perfect challenge" setup, but I've found that for my purposes "very-low" for enemy base frequency isn't "very-low-enough" :-)

grimdanfango
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Map gen frequency settings override?

Post by grimdanfango »

Additionally, is the exponent that increases ore richness with distance from the center available anywhere? I know there's one in the RSO mod config, but I'd like to be able to tweak it in a similar way for the vanilla ore placement.

grimdanfango
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grimdanfango »

Aha, found it...
in "demo-enemy-autoplace-utils.lua" (slightly confusing that the game uses config files prefixed "demo-" :-P)
reducing the "noise_octaves_difference" values under the "peaks" structure seems to do the trick!

At a raw guess as to how it works, I inverted the value (-0.55 instead of -1.8)... figuring that maybe that would preserve the same relative scale between octaves, but using the largest as the smallest and working up from there... and then bumping the map gen settings frequency up a level or two to compensate. No idea if I've got the maths entirely confused, but it certainly gave the kind of result I was after. Huge, but very widely spaced bases (with size set to "very-small" or "small"... anything bigger would be overwhelming I suspect)

So, anyone know about the distance exponent for ores?

grimdanfango
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grimdanfango »

Aaand, found that too...
"richness_multiplier_distance_bonus" in "demo-resources.lua" (and "resources.lua" for oil and uranium)

Typical... the moment I figure I'm lost and decide to post is the exact same moment I suddenly start making sense of it :-P

Return to “Modding help”