Help in changing steam production rate of heat exchangers

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
jupiter878
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Help in changing steam production rate of heat exchangers

Post by jupiter878 »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44778&
The optimal ratio of the steam boilers and steam engines are now a neat 1:2, thanks to the 0.15 update. However, the newly added heat exchangers seem to produce a maximum of 103.448 units of steam per second, while the steam turbines consume 60 units of steam.

I wanted to modify this in a way that would produce clean optimal ratios; for instance, a production rate of 120 per second for 1:2, or 100 for 3:5, and so on. If the power output of the steam turbines could be changed from the initial 5.8MW, the amount of energy that is eventually produced from a number and certain arrangement of reactors could be made equal as before; 5MW from each turbine for the 120 per second exchangers, 6MW from each turbine for the 100 per second exchangers, etc.

However, unlike normal recipes and fluid recipes, which I could locate in the "prototypes" folder and edit with ease, I could not find the files that would determine the statistics of both the heat exchangers and steam turbines. Am I looking at the wrong place? If so, where can I go to? Or is it simply hard coded into the game and thus beyond my meddling?

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Help in changing steam production rate of heat exchangers

Post by Helfima »

u can try change some parameter in Factorio\data\base\prototypes\entity\entities.lua the formala is:
Ratio Steam/Boiler = heat-exchanger.energy_consumption (W)/ (steam-turbine.fluid_usage_per_tick * 60_tick * steam-turbine.effectivity * (steam-turbine.target_temperature - nominal_temp) * 1000 / 5)
60_tick = 60
nominal_temp=15°

jupiter878
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Help in changing steam production rate of heat exchangers

Post by jupiter878 »

Thanks

Return to “Modding help”