Is this possible?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Grundox
Inserter
Inserter

Is this possible?

Post by Grundox »

Is it possible to reduce the probablility of a certain ore entity to show up from lets say 30% to under 0.001%? I'm asking this, because I am making a mod with way more than 1000 different ores and I don't want the ground to be covered with chaotic ore entities. And can you make a recipe where you get by a chance of 0.1% a certain item and by a chance of 99.9% another?

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Is this possible?

Post by apriori »

a recipe with probabilities
It's from Factorio\data\base\prototypes\recipe\recipe.lua
line 1294
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

As for the ores part... I think that RSO could be made to work with that. And thats a maybe. Such big amount of ores would be crazy :D
Maybe you make less ore entities and use probability on mining drills?

Grundox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Grundox »

Okay so I can basically put in any probability I want that's good.
I'm pretty much trying to get all ores from reallife into the game to make it as realistic as possible. Though for example there are thousands of such containing Iron but only less than five containing erbium for example. On a map with over 6000 ores it's impossible to get the erbium then. That's why I've got to higher the spawn rate of erbium-ores and lower others. Is that possible?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Grundox wrote:over 6000 ores
There are over 6000 minerals, but most of them are unprofitable to mine. The ones that are actually worth mining are called ores, and there are much fewer of them.

I don't understand why you would want to cover the map with useless minerals.

Grundox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Grundox »

Yes in real life they are not worth to mine for but it's a game and it should be just fun and not economically worth it. The point of me asking if you can reduce the probability of certain ores showing up is, becuase the map should not be covered in ores.

deer_buster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deer_buster »

Note: probability is currently on a per result....so you could theoretically get a positive result on all 1000 ores, even if you set probability to 0.0001

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Daid »

Everyone here is talking about the probability results of recipes. But I think you are looking for "map distribution". How you you have 50% iron ore and only 25% copper ore (simplified example)

Which is handled by the "autoplace" field in your resource definition. And I think with the "coverage" field: https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/Autopla ... n#coverage

Note that the map generation algorithms are quite complex, so you need most likely to tinker a bit to get the results you want.

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zool »

In angels ores, you have a group of 6 raw ores to be mined, that need to be refined to usefull ores afterwards - maybe you should rather think into that direction, where you need a really sofisticated ore refining area to get the most rare ores out of the raws. This approach sounds to me much more what factorio is all about: building complicated machinery to succeed ...

Return to “Modding help”