Game crashes after update (caused by mod)

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Inzann
Inserter
Inserter

Game crashes after update (caused by mod)

Post by Inzann »

Whenever I try to load my old mod that I used for 0.9.8 it now crashes the game when using latest update. I get this error message "boost::filesystem::file_size Det g" The "Det g" part is probably meant to be longer but it was cut out, and its most likely in swedish as well).

So question is, what is wrong with my old mod? All in all my mod is just 247KB in size so I doubt thats it.:P

Inzann
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Game crashes after update (caused by mod)

Post by Inzann »

Bump

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

post the mod? all I can guess from 'file_size' is that a file exists but is too large or too small (size 0), though i can't be certain as to that even...I can tell you that it's probably a C++ issue (so it may be up to the devs to fix it), but that can be influenced by lua (something was written wrong and the C++ didn't expect it to be wrong and so does not handle the error elegantly).

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

I've gotten a similar error message a few times when I messed up something in my own mods. It's cryptic, but usually it means that you have a wrong filepath somewhere, but like FreeER said, it's hard to judge without seeing the mod.

Return to “Modding help”