What are the "must have"-properties in the info.json?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
RalleYTN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

What are the "must have"-properties in the info.json?

Post by RalleYTN »

I know that version and name are a "must have". but are there other properties that the file has to contain?
Attachments
From the software I'm programming right now
From the software I'm programming right now
new-mod-form.jpg (40.79 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
I'm currently working on a tool that will allow everyone to create mods for Factorio without having to learn any of the complicated stuff.
Follow the development here: viewtopic.php?f=137&t=40830.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: What are the "must have"-properties in the info.json?

Post by posila »

Required fields are: version, title, author and you could say also factorio_version, because if you don't specify it, it will default to "0.12"

RalleYTN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RalleYTN »

posila wrote:Required fields are: version, title, author and you could say also factorio_version, because if you don't specify it, it will default to "0.12"
Thank you very much :)
I'm currently working on a tool that will allow everyone to create mods for Factorio without having to learn any of the complicated stuff.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Off-topic, but could you also include image thumbnail and git repo URL in that mod details form? (Bonus points for git integration :) )
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

RalleYTN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RalleYTN »

aubergine18 wrote:Off-topic, but could you also include image thumbnail and git repo URL in that mod details form? (Bonus points for git integration :) )
the software is still in development. I will create a repo once version 0.1.0 of it is out. I already have a dev-blog in the tools subforum. search for Factorio Mod Creator Studio

Return to “Modding help”